Indian laws explained in simple english
Nyaaya.in explains Indian laws that apply to different legal situations in the everyday life.
The site is structured into:
1. Law Explainers: These are explanations of single or multiple laws that connect together for a certain situation.
2. The Nyaaya Guides: Guides are simple-to-understand explanations of situations, contextualising laws and acts, to help citizens find their way through legal situations.
3. Laws' Catalogue: This is simply a catalogue of all Indian laws, organised by Category and Jurisdiction. Some laws have explainers along with them.
4. Law-based Apps: The first of many to come is a traffic fine app, which tells citizens how much fine they are rightfully liable to pay in a road situation.
My role in the Nyaaya design was to:
1. Architect the information system of the site and create a simple navigation through the content at all levels.
2. Create a visual system for the content - from the typography to the definition of the colours to be used.
3. Work with illustrator Gaurav Sharma to come up with a series of illustrations for the Guides on Nyaaya.